When you practice the kind of preparedness that can respond even to the simplest emergency, then you are set for the more crucial ones, at any given time. When you practice this on the daily, it becomes ingrained in your routine and therefore becomes a part of your daily essentials, and way of living.
Before anything else, you must first determine your bug out bag. This bag would function as your portable gear, like a traveling first aid kit but more compounded with the bug out bag essentials that you incorporate in there that are all necessary for survival. In choosing your bag, you must first ensure that it is of durable quality so that it will last through harsh conditions and environment.
The way in deciding which bag this is depends on your survival list. Once you have the items on that list, you can proceed to selecting the bug out bag that would suit and fit all, and best works for you. So here is a rundown of the top essentials that should be in your bug out bag.
• At least have a minimum of 1 liter per day of water, which may be in containers like a canteen or other hard water bottles, collapsible one also. Include water filters, and purifiers if you can.
• Pack food that would be good for at least 3 days and preferably ones that are nonperishable; include protein bars, dehydrated foods, can opener, fork/spoon, metal pot for cooking and cup, scrubber for pot and fuel for the stove.
• The clothing you pack is one to suit your tolerance for the weather and environment conditions and should be at least 2-3 changes. These must be light, comfortable clothing that includes pants, socks, underwear, and others that you find necessary.
• For shelter, it is important to be able to rest well especially if it has been a rough day. You can use a tent, sleeping bags, or other that you can prop up on the ground and include packing a blanket.
• For heating sources, like making fire, you can pack matches and other igniting components.
• Pack basic first aid kit and other hygienic accessories like soap, sanitizers, repellents, towels.
• Pack tools like a survival or tactical knife, and for lighting like tactical flashlights, headlamps, candles and include batteries.
• Pack crank radio, other gadgets for communication like cellphones, chargers.
• In bugging out, you might find yourself in situations that require you to pay, so do not go out penniless, have at least some cash bills, depending on how much you are comfortable keeping in your pocket, and include loose coins too.
• Pack travel guides like maps, and compasses. Also include a pen and notebook.
• Self defense measures are necessary when bugging out. If you are already trained for it, this would be to your advantage. However, you can opt to carry weapons but this is something to carefully consider to ensure safety, especially if you are bugging out with family or friends.
Weapons can also be used for hunting as necessary. Include whistle for emergency, weapons like a rifle, or a handgun, if not both.
Other miscellaneous items to pack include trash bags, sunscreen, sewing kit, and whatever else that you feel is necessary for you to pack in your bug out bag.
The great outdoors are becoming more and more exotic and unusual for our young ones and children, and even older people forget how wonderful can nature be and how a lot of benefits can arise from the interaction with the natural environment. By living in cities and urban areas, our lifestyle is mostly sedentary, and we seldom practice any exercise or physical activity. However, even a small amount of time that is spent in the outdoors can be beneficial for our well-being, and the results can be seen on many levels. From social and mental, to physical and emotional, the benefits of being active and involved in outdoor recreation are something that should not be taken lightly, and anyone who has any opportunity should get out and start exploring the environment.
Being active and practicing outdoor recreation will boost your self-confidence, your energy levels, and your health status, simply because exercise leaves positive effects on our body, whether we want it or not.
For example, fresh air can result in better immunity and better overall health status, and vitamin D that is received when doing something out in the open is beneficial on so many levels. Young ones are especially in need of this vitamin, and many diseases can be soothed or even prevented if kids are allowed and encouraged to play outside and soak up the sun while being completely unaware of what they are doing.
Outdoor activities will also result in better sleep, better fitness, and more energy, and this can be of great help when fighting obesity, which has grown into a full-blown epidemic and a lot of our young ones are having health problems because they are overweight.
Depending on your location and your geographical area, you can get involved in all sorts of outdoor recreational activities. For example, if you have access to a forest or a small hill, you can incorporate hiking or hill-climbing into your schedule.
Also, walking or jogging in nature are much more efficient and healthier than when you do them in a dusty gym, so use every opportunity to go outside and run or walk a few miles. Biking is another form of recreation that leaves a multitude of positive consequences on the body, and this activity can be done in groups or pairs, which also has social and emotional benefits.
Any recreation that is performed with other people will have mental and emotional effects on a person, and bonding time is of particular importance when it comes to family relations.
If you have access to water surfaces, such as large rivers, seas or oceans, you should practice swimming as much as possible. Canoeing or kayaking are also very beneficial for the human body, regarding the fact that they are activating different muscle groups, and so on, but also because of their social component and the fact more people are usually performing these activities together. For those who are more adventurous, activities such as scuba diving, bungee jumping or paragliding are among the options, and everything depends on the ideas and preferences of the person in question.